Human trafficking is modern day slavery.
FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Human Trafficking was made illegal until the year 2000 when the Trafficking Victims Protection Act was made a federal crime.
- Human trafficking is the fastest growing criminal enterprise in the world, generating over 1000 billion dollars annually worldwide.
- The top three nations of origin for human trafficking is US, Mexico, and Philippians. (US is the capitol)
- Americans are #1 for making, buying, and selling child pornography (child rape).
- Every 40 seconds a child is sold through human trafficking.
- In the United States, children of color are 4x more likely to be targets of human trafficking than white children.
- 10 million children are currently being held as sex slaves.
- A trafficked child is raped on average 10-50 times per day.
- Less than 1% of victims are rescued.
If you want more information and would like to become more educated on how you can help,
click here to get trained.
This course only takes an hour.
There is no reason you can’t do it.
Think of the children.
Think of the voiceless.
Learn how to be their voice.
Take the time.
Know what to look for.
And know if you are presented with a situation, you have to tools to properly handle the situation.
Please do not assume you already know.
Take the time to learn more
so you’ll see more,
and be equipped to help more.
BE A VOICE FOR THE VOICELESS.
After you’ve completed your training, you’ll get a snazzy certificate that looks like this:
“Operation Underground Railroad specializes in empowering law enforcement and aftercare partners around the world with the tools and resources they need to better address trafficking in their communities. One major objective is to assist law enforcement to confront the demand for sex by providing tools, resources, and trainings to improve law enforcement’s ability to identify, investigate, gather incriminating evidence, and prosecute sexual predators. O.U.R. Aftercare focuses on survivor healing and empowerment programs with a primary focus on eliminating the vulnerabilities that increase the likelihood of being trafficked.”
click here to learn more.
Share this information with others to help #savethechildren and #endhumantrafficking.
with all my hope and faith,