keep these items stocked in your kitchen to make shopping, planning, and cooking easy-peasy while helping you live happy & be healthy
- Whole grains – Brown rice, quinoa, barley, etc. (You can buy these in bulk to save money and stock.) This is perfect batch cooking when meal prepping. It can serve as a base for your meal, mixed in with soups, or tossed in salads.
- Dried beans and lentils – Pinto beans, black beans, cannellini beans, kindest beans, red lentils, brown lentils, etc. (buy in bulk to save and stock)
- Canned beans (no salt added) – Please for the love of your health buy canned beans with no added salt. Canned beans are more pricey than dried beans, but they come in handy.
- Oatmeal – steel cut or rolled
- Whole grain pasta – because we all love pasta and whole grain is the healthy way to go.
- Canned tomatoes (no salt added) – Use these to make your own pasta sauce, chili, soup, etc.
- Vegetable broth (low-sodium) – perfect for soups and to use as a base for other recipes
- Frozen Fruit – Hello smoothies, snacks, and toppings for oatmeal
- Frozen vegetables – Don’t stress about always buying fresh, frozen veggies give the same nutrients
- Frozen cooked whole grains – These are great to have in hand when you’re busy but want that added nutrient rich filler
- Nuts ( no added salt or sugar) – perfect for snack and recipes
- Flax, chia, and/or hemp seeds – simple way to get a power boost by sprinkling on top of oatmeal, toast, salads, and more
- Fresh Fruit – because fresh fruit is a must.
- Fresh Vegetables – fresh veggies are life.
- Nut butter – mmm,
- Herbs and spices – onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano, thyme, pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne, ginger, etc. These all hold such powerful nutrients our bodies need to thrive, so remember it’s more in the flavor. 😊
- Whole grain wraps – make breakfast burritos, tacos, veggie wraps and more
- 100% Whole grain bread – don’t fear the bread, just eat the good kind
- Dried fruits – dates, raisins, berries, and others are perfect for snacking, tossing in salads, and mixing into recipes
- Fresh Salsa – It’s more than dip for chips
- Nutritional Yeast – vegan, packed with nutrients, and gives food a yummy cheese flavor
- Cereal – because every pantry needs cereal. And yes, healthy cereal is a thing
Your Happy Helper,