HAPPY 2020 FRIENDS!
It’s the new year and everyone and their mama is in a period of reflecting on the past 12 months and since we’re in a new decade, reflecting on the past 10 years.
– 10 years ago I was a first time mom to my little 1 year old.
Today I have 3 + 1 kiddos ❤ (Talk about growth in a decade)
– 10 years ago…3 years ago, I thought my brain couldn’t process books. I simply had accepted the fact that some people are book readers and some aren’t. Articles were all I felt my brain could handle. I felt intimidated by people who said they could get lost in one beacuse I was lost simply trying to comprehend the same paragraph I was reading over and over.
Today, I can spend all day with a book in my hand and have learned I’m a pretty fast reader and soak it in when it’s something I’m interested in.
I love love love books and encourage you all to read this one that changed my reading game and perceptive.
– Jan 2019 I promised myself that I would focus on my growth, learning through reading, listening, discovering, really just going in to expand. I watched my husband search and listen to podcasts for years while I internally wondered how he was able to find the time to concentrate listening to people talk.
But I was also kind of amazed that he was able to do so and loved it.
….I discovered one of my favorite people to follow on Instagram has a podcast, which opened the door to an entire new world in my life.
I listened to approximately 7,000 minutes of podcasts in 2019 and it encouraged me so much to start my own at the end of the year.
If you’re not already a podcast listener, you’re probably wondering where I found the time to listen to that many episodes. As a busy mom of 3, when my Spotify account gave me my yearly “round-up”, I wondered the same thing.
Like anything else new that we want to incorporate in life, it’s a learning process.
That first episode broke a barrier to something I wanted more of and if I really wanted it, I had to MAKE the time for it.
After a year of slowly getting into a groove of how to find the time to listen to podcasts, I can’t imagine my life without them.
Podcasts are a great tool to use to:
– Get inspired
– Get Educated and Informed
– Personal Growth
– Professional Growth
Ways to incorporate listening to podcasts in your life:
– In the car
– While taking a shower
– Prepping & cooking meals
– Exercising (running, walking, squatting, all the things)
– Cleaning your house
– If you’re eating alone, BAM. Instant company
– Incorporate it into your morning routine while getting ready
My Favorite Self-Help Podcasts of 2019
(plus a few of my favorite episodes)
I LOVE hearing people’s stories, the bad, good, ugly, and laughable moments that made them who they are today. I love to hear people share their lights of truths through the darkness and lessons. Through doing so we are able to feel connected to pieces of their stories through understanding and gain some insight and motivation in our own lives.
If it has to do with health, happiness, or just life in general…
I AM HERE FOR IT
“Making kindness cool and the world better than yesterday, join us for conversations that shift perspectives towards a more conscious and compassionate collective.”
This is the podcast the opened that door for me and I admit to be slightly obsessed with. This long haired, burrito lovin’ doctor dives into soul deep, life transforming, slap you in the face, story telling conversations. I spent almost 4,000 of those 7,000 minutes binge listening to this podcast.
- Episode 7: Selina Gray – How can you stop being broke, according to a money guru.
- Episode 8: Jade Alectra – How do you face trauma and heartache yet continue to live heart first?
- Episode 39: SOLO EPISODE – How do I get myself to do hard things?
- Episode 42: Kendra Adachi – How do you create more whole body “HELL YES” life experiences?
- Episode 44: Andrew Fraser – How do you turn fear into freedom?
#2: Oprah’s Supersoul Conversations
“Awaken, discover and connect to the deeper meaning of the world around you with SuperSoul. Hear Oprah’s personal selection of her interviews with thought-leaders, best-selling authors, spiritual luminaries, as well as health and wellness experts. All designed to light you up, guide you through life’s big questions and help bring you one step closer to your best self.”
Oprah. Do I really need to say more?
Since leaving television, Oprah has had the freedom to dive deep into conversations that she wasn’t able to get into while on air but also sharing parts of her favorites over the years.
- (5/1/2019) Caroline Myss: Myths and truths about healing
- (6/24/2019) Dr. Edith Eva Eger: The choice
This interview is with holocaust survivor and best-selling author of “The Choice”. Please listen to this.
- (7/24/2019) When you know better, you do better.
#3: RISE Podcast by Rachel Hollis
“Tangible and tactical tools for your life and business. Hosted by New York Times Best-Selling Author Rachel Hollis, RISE is a series of bold conversations with fellow business powerhouses and personal development leaders that provide the listener with real-life valuable takeaways.”
“Girl Wash Your Face” author and Powerhouse woman, Rachel Hollis is hands down one of the best motivational speakers that all women need in their life.
- (Episode #107) Stop Procrastinating!
- (Episode 113) Why is it so hard to talk about money? with Marie Forteo
- (Episode 118) How to turn your idea into a business step-by-step with Raegan Moya-Jones
- (Episode 126) How to build a business around Social media with Naomi Davis of Love Taza
#4: Master Your Mind, Business, and Life by Lauren Smith
“Life Mastery Podcast Featuring Conversations with Everyday World Shifters, Truth Seekers, and Rule Breakers”
I found this podcast at the end of the year but I’m still including it because I love Lauren’s interview style and way of producing valuable content for our growth in many areas of our life.
- (12/4/2019) Healing and transformation through writing with Janelle hardy
- (1/1/2020) Numerology Forecast for 2020 with Felicia Bender
#5: The Power Couple Podcast (I added this one in because self-care goes hand in hand with our relationships)
“The dating and relationship podcast that dives deep into the inside secrets of high performance relationships with love educators, relationship coaches and real life couple, Kelsey Grant and Jamie Rae. We’re obsessed with true love and what makes healthy relationships tick, while also being big fans of providing access to the fundamental relational education all power couple’s rooted in true love embody. We like to think of it like this, if an alien from mars landed on earth and needed the essential relational education how-to playbook, this podcast would be the place for them to learn how to date, build and maintain epic partnership and if by chance it didn’t work out how to end with grace. So if you’re trying to figure out how to have a relationship on planet earth, are craving the essentials of relationship education and want to have a blast doing it- you’ve come to the right place. We’re happy you’re here. Now on with the love show…K&J”
Their podcast description really says it all. You’re going to laugh, think deep, and really get some insight and education on all things relationship.
- (7/11/2019) A real Life Look into Relationship Repair
- (10/24/2019) Dating and Relationship Community Q&A with Kelsey
- (12/19/2019) Ninja-Burrito Love with Kenda Adachi + Dr. Jeremy Goldberg
BONUS: Episodes on other Podcasts because they are SO GOOD:
** (episode 9) Spiritual Hot Tub Talks: Steph Rempel, Intuitive Healer & Rebirth Doula / Coach
Steph Rempel is one of my breastie friends and hearing her share her story with others is truly inspiring for all!
**(8/21/2019) The Space Between Podcast by STB Global: Visionary Artist Amanda Sage: Part 2
These back to back episdoes with visionary artist, Amanda Sage is REMARKABLE and keeps you clinging to every.single.word.
2019 was the year that opened a door to the Podcast world, it hooked and captured me at own will.
Fill your ears in 2020 with conversations that gets you thinking a little deeper, makes you laugh, gain insight, education, give you motivation to keep being the best you possible, and like Kendra Adachi says, “chase the HELL YES life experience” to live a life you love living.
It’s a simply thing you can incorporate into your day that has the potential to make a big difference on your happiness and your health.
If you have a Podcast or a favorite episode you think I should listen to, reach out.
Send me a DM on Instagram or e-mail, I’d love to connect with you and listen to the things that gets your hamster wheel rolling.
Happy Listening Friends!
Your Happy Helper,