Anything that’s peanut butter and chocolate belongs in my mouth, and once I start, I can’t stop.
When I made this Bangin’ Blondie recipe for the first time, the entire pan was gone within 24 hours. My 10 year old son rated them a 9.5 on a 1-10 scale. They’re the perfect combination of peanut butter, chocolate, and salty goodness, while making smart substitutions to increase their healthiness.
1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
1/2c peanut butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 c coconut sugar
1/4 c pure maple syrup (can sub. for honey or agave)
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp sea salt
Your desired amount of Chocolate chips (aka, all the sweet goodness)
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Blend all ingredients (except chocolate chips) into a food processor or high powered blender until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Pour into a greased 9×9 pan
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the sides of the blondie pull away from the the pan and the top is a beautiful, golden brown.
5. Retain your excitement and allow them to cool for about 15 minutes. Then begin to shove them in your mouth.
6. Store remainder into an air tight container. You can warm them in the microwave for a few seconds for that “fresh out of the oven” feeling.
These baby beans are packed with vitamins & minerals!
**You can also add in some of your favorite nuts, like crushed almonds or walnuts and top with chia or hemp seeds.
Try these bangin’ blondies out and let me know what you think!